From: "Lukáš Šišmiš" <sismis@cesnet.cz>
To: users@dpdk.org, ljh890322@gmail.com
Subject: Re: quick question about core affinity
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2023 14:20:30 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi,

DPDK core affinity runs your application on the selected cores. But that
doesn't stop other applications from running on the same cores.

To get closer to your goal of really isolating the application from
other processes you would need to add isolcpus to your boot parameters.

That instructs the scheduler to not use the mentioned cores. After
booting with this parameter you could run your DPDK application and
scheduler would not schedule any process to the cores that DPDK
application would use.

However, if you run a separate application and with the taskset command
pin it to the cores your DPDK application uses that will still run and
will be in conflict with your DPDK app.

Best regards,

Lukas