* Ice driver, intel e810, double/single VLAN mode
@ 2022-08-09 11:35 Alexander Kiselev
From: Alexander Kiselev @ 2022-08-09 11:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hello,

I am facing an issue with the ICE driver and Intel E810 NIC. The problem is that despite that installed DDP Comm package and the
NIC firmware do support double VLAN mode the NIC falls back into singe VLAN mode when used by my app.

What happenning is the following:

1) reboot the machine
2) my application starts in double VLAN mode - OK
3) after restarting the app falls back into single VLAN mode and
consequentest runs will be also in single VLAN mode
4) the first start of testpmd after my app also uses the single VLAN mode
5) the second start of testpmd switches the NIC into double VLAN mode
6) the first start my app after testpmd uses the double VLAN mode
7) restarting my app switches back the NIC into single VLAN mode

So, the question is what could be a reason for the NIC to get into the single VLAN mode? What is it my app is doing or not doing that forces the NIC to go to the single VLAN mode?

Thank you.

DPDK version is 21.11.1

only message in thread, other threads:[~2022-08-09 11:35 UTC | newest]