From: Chengchang Tang <tangchengchang@huawei.com>
To: <thomas@monjalon.net>
Cc: <linuxarm@huawei.com>, <users@dpdk.org>
Subject: [dpdk-users] meson: is there a mechanism for controlling compilation configuration
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2020 15:20:24 +0800

Hi,
DPDK with 'make' will be deprecated in a future release. I have some
questions about using meson to build DPDK.

When using the make, we can change the macros in config/common_base to
control the compiling macros. For example, if i want to debug the mbuf,
i can set CONFIG_RTE_LIBRTE_MBUF_DEBUG=y in config/common_base to change
the compiling macros.

According to my understanding. DPDK meson build dose not generate
rte_config.h based on common_base content during compilation. Is there
any convenient way to modify the compiling macro in meson build. If all
the compilation macros need to be modified using environment variable,
it is inconvenient.

Thanks,
Chengchang
.