* [dpdk-users] what's the cache size of rte_mempool_create()?
@ 2021-09-08  9:18 topperxin
From: topperxin @ 2021-09-08  9:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

HI list
         A question about the value of cache size of rte_mempool_crate() function, the defination of this function like below:

        struct rte_mempool *

rte_mempool_create(const char *name, unsigned n, unsigned elt_size,

                   unsigned cache_size, unsigned private_data_size,

                   rte_mempool_ctor_t *mp_init, void *mp_init_arg,

                   rte_mempool_obj_cb_t *obj_init, void *obj_init_arg,

                   int socket_id, unsigned flags);

     My question is : what's cache_size value means ? what's difference between if I set cache_size = 0 and cache_size = 512 ?
     I get some information from the the dpdk 20.11 it said that, if we set cache size to 0 , it can be useful to avoid losing objects in cache , I can't understand this point, does it mean
     that if we set the cache size to non zero, it will suffer the risk that some packages will lost ? right ?

     Thanks for your tips.

     BR.