* [dpdk-users] Is legacy-mem mode perform worse than default hugepage mode?
@ 2020-05-09  8:23 zhuhengbo
From: zhuhengbo @ 2020-05-09  8:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset="gb2312", Size: 402 bytes --]

Hi,all,

         I have noticed that there is ¨Clegacy-mem option in dpdk init. But it¡¯s not a default choice.
In my understanding, hugepage can help decrease cpu cache miss and It affects performance a lot.
So I wonder that is legacy-mem mode perform worse than default mode£¿ Why not use legacy-mem mode as a default way to use hugepages?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Hubble Zhu

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-05-09  8:24 UTC | newest]