* [dpdk-users] dpdk in AWS
       [not found] <927683838.91713.1605756244826.ref@mail.yahoo.com>
@ 2020-11-19  3:24 ` amit sehas
From: amit sehas @ 2020-11-19  3:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

I am utilizing dpdk between EC2 instances in AWS. I am noticing that the first few times packets are sent from one instance to
another, they are always dropped ( i think at the source). The steps i took to utilize the dpdk ports are as follows:

modprobe uio
modprobe hwmon
insmod ./x86_64-native-linuxapp-gcc/kmod/rte_kni.ko
insmod ./x86_64-native-linuxapp-gcc/kmod/igb_uio.ko

ifconfig eth1 down

./usertools/dpdk-devbind.py --bind=igb_uio 00:04.0

Is there an explanation of why only the first few packets would be dropped and there after the communication moves
along smoothly without any issues at all ? The behavior is consistent. I am a new user of dpdk so i am completely lost
about the behavior ...

Do i have to configure something with ethtool?

Any help is greatly appreciated ...

thanks

* Re: [dpdk-users] dpdk in AWS
@ 2020-11-22  8:14   ` Michael Barker
From: Michael Barker @ 2020-11-22  8:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: amit sehas; +Cc: users

Have tried with the vfio driver instead?  I've used that on AWS fairly
recently and noticed no packet loss.