DPDK usage discussions
 help / color / Atom feed
* [dpdk-users] fslmc bus compiling error
@ 2019-07-31 15:34 Gavin Hu (Arm Technology China)
  2019-08-01  3:43 ` Hemant Agrawal
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 3+ messages in thread
From: Gavin Hu (Arm Technology China) @ 2019-07-31 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: hemant.agrawal, users; +Cc: Honnappa Nagarahalli, nd

Hi Hemant, 

There are two "dmb" functions defined and they are conflicting with each other. Did you notice this compiling error? 

  CC base/qbman/dpaa_alloc.o
In file included from /home/gavin/dpdk/build/include/rte_atomic.h:9,
                 from /home/gavin/dpdk/build/include/generic/rte_pause.h:16,
                 from /home/gavin/dpdk/build/include/rte_pause_64.h:13,
                 from /home/gavin/dpdk/build/include/rte_pause.h:13,
                 from /home/gavin/dpdk/build/include/generic/rte_spinlock.h:25,
                 from /home/gavin/dpdk/build/include/rte_spinlock.h:17,
                 from /home/gavin/dpdk/drivers/bus/fslmc/mc/mc_sys.c:10:
/home/gavin/dpdk/build/include/rte_atomic_64.h:19: error: "dmb" redefined [-Werror]
 #define dmb(opt) asm volatile("dmb " #opt : : : "memory")

In file included from /home/gavin/dpdk/drivers/bus/fslmc/mc/mc_sys.c:7:
/home/gavin/dpdk/drivers/bus/fslmc/mc/fsl_mc_sys.h:36: note: this is the location of the previous definition
 #define dmb() {__asm__ __volatile__("" : : : "memory"); }

cc1: error: unrecognized command line option '-Wno-address-of-packed-member' [-Werror]
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors
/home/gavin/dpdk/mk/internal/rte.compile-pre.mk:114: recipe for target 'mc/mc_sys.o' failed
make[4]: *** [mc/mc_sys.o] Error 1

Best regards,
Gavin


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

* Re: [dpdk-users] fslmc bus compiling error
  2019-07-31 15:34 [dpdk-users] fslmc bus compiling error Gavin Hu (Arm Technology China)
@ 2019-08-01  3:43 ` Hemant Agrawal
  2019-08-26  9:46   ` Gavin Hu (Arm Technology China)
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 3+ messages in thread
From: Hemant Agrawal @ 2019-08-01  3:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gavin Hu (Arm Technology China), users; +Cc: Honnappa Nagarahalli, nd

HI Gavin,
	No we have not seen it before. Let me know your compilation steps and Git commit you are using to reproduce it.

Regards,
Hemant

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Gavin Hu (Arm Technology China) <Gavin.Hu@arm.com>
> Sent: Wednesday, July 31, 2019 9:05 PM
> To: Hemant Agrawal <hemant.agrawal@nxp.com>; users@dpdk.org
> Cc: Honnappa Nagarahalli <Honnappa.Nagarahalli@arm.com>; nd
> <nd@arm.com>
> Subject: fslmc bus compiling error
> 
> Hi Hemant,
> 
> There are two "dmb" functions defined and they are conflicting with each
> other. Did you notice this compiling error?
> 
>   CC base/qbman/dpaa_alloc.o
> In file included from /home/gavin/dpdk/build/include/rte_atomic.h:9,
>                  from /home/gavin/dpdk/build/include/generic/rte_pause.h:16,
>                  from /home/gavin/dpdk/build/include/rte_pause_64.h:13,
>                  from /home/gavin/dpdk/build/include/rte_pause.h:13,
>                  from /home/gavin/dpdk/build/include/generic/rte_spinlock.h:25,
>                  from /home/gavin/dpdk/build/include/rte_spinlock.h:17,
>                  from /home/gavin/dpdk/drivers/bus/fslmc/mc/mc_sys.c:10:
> /home/gavin/dpdk/build/include/rte_atomic_64.h:19: error: "dmb"
> redefined [-Werror]  #define dmb(opt) asm volatile("dmb " #opt : : :
> "memory")
> 
> In file included from /home/gavin/dpdk/drivers/bus/fslmc/mc/mc_sys.c:7:
> /home/gavin/dpdk/drivers/bus/fslmc/mc/fsl_mc_sys.h:36: note: this is the
> location of the previous definition  #define dmb() {__asm__ __volatile__("" : :
> : "memory"); }
> 
> cc1: error: unrecognized command line option '-Wno-address-of-packed-
> member' [-Werror]
> cc1: all warnings being treated as errors
> /home/gavin/dpdk/mk/internal/rte.compile-pre.mk:114: recipe for target
> 'mc/mc_sys.o' failed
> make[4]: *** [mc/mc_sys.o] Error 1
> 
> Best regards,
> Gavin


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

* Re: [dpdk-users] fslmc bus compiling error
  2019-08-01  3:43 ` Hemant Agrawal
@ 2019-08-26  9:46   ` Gavin Hu (Arm Technology China)
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 3+ messages in thread
From: Gavin Hu (Arm Technology China) @ 2019-08-26  9:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: hemant.agrawal, users; +Cc: Honnappa Nagarahalli, nd

Hi Hemant, 

Could you help review this patch? We are introducing WFE for spinlock(also for ticketlock and ring), we got the above compiling issue, this patch is to address the conflicts. 
http://patches.dpdk.org/patch/57806/ 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Hemant Agrawal <hemant.agrawal@nxp.com>
> Sent: Thursday, August 1, 2019 11:43 AM
> To: Gavin Hu (Arm Technology China) <Gavin.Hu@arm.com>;
> users@dpdk.org
> Cc: Honnappa Nagarahalli <Honnappa.Nagarahalli@arm.com>; nd
> <nd@arm.com>
> Subject: RE: fslmc bus compiling error
> 
> HI Gavin,
> 	No we have not seen it before. Let me know your compilation steps
> and Git commit you are using to reproduce it.
> 
> Regards,
> Hemant
> 
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: Gavin Hu (Arm Technology China) <Gavin.Hu@arm.com>
> > Sent: Wednesday, July 31, 2019 9:05 PM
> > To: Hemant Agrawal <hemant.agrawal@nxp.com>; users@dpdk.org
> > Cc: Honnappa Nagarahalli <Honnappa.Nagarahalli@arm.com>; nd
> > <nd@arm.com>
> > Subject: fslmc bus compiling error
> >
> > Hi Hemant,
> >
> > There are two "dmb" functions defined and they are conflicting with each
> > other. Did you notice this compiling error?
> >
> >   CC base/qbman/dpaa_alloc.o
> > In file included from /home/gavin/dpdk/build/include/rte_atomic.h:9,
> >                  from /home/gavin/dpdk/build/include/generic/rte_pause.h:16,
> >                  from /home/gavin/dpdk/build/include/rte_pause_64.h:13,
> >                  from /home/gavin/dpdk/build/include/rte_pause.h:13,
> >                  from /home/gavin/dpdk/build/include/generic/rte_spinlock.h:25,
> >                  from /home/gavin/dpdk/build/include/rte_spinlock.h:17,
> >                  from /home/gavin/dpdk/drivers/bus/fslmc/mc/mc_sys.c:10:
> > /home/gavin/dpdk/build/include/rte_atomic_64.h:19: error: "dmb"
> > redefined [-Werror]  #define dmb(opt) asm volatile("dmb " #opt : : :
> > "memory")
> >
> > In file included from /home/gavin/dpdk/drivers/bus/fslmc/mc/mc_sys.c:7:
> > /home/gavin/dpdk/drivers/bus/fslmc/mc/fsl_mc_sys.h:36: note: this is
> the
> > location of the previous definition  #define dmb() {__asm__
> __volatile__("" : :
> > : "memory"); }
> >
> > cc1: error: unrecognized command line option '-Wno-address-of-packed-
> > member' [-Werror]
> > cc1: all warnings being treated as errors
> > /home/gavin/dpdk/mk/internal/rte.compile-pre.mk:114: recipe for target
> > 'mc/mc_sys.o' failed
> > make[4]: *** [mc/mc_sys.o] Error 1
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Gavin


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

end of thread, back to index

Thread overview: 3+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2019-07-31 15:34 [dpdk-users] fslmc bus compiling error Gavin Hu (Arm Technology China)
2019-08-01  3:43 ` Hemant Agrawal
2019-08-26  9:46   ` Gavin Hu (Arm Technology China)

DPDK usage discussions

Archives are clonable:
	git clone --mirror http://inbox.dpdk.org/users/0 users/git/0.git

	# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
	# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
	public-inbox-init -V2 users users/ http://inbox.dpdk.org/users \
		users@dpdk.org
	public-inbox-index users


Newsgroup available over NNTP:
	nntp://inbox.dpdk.org/inbox.dpdk.users


AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/ public-inbox