* [dpdk-users]  DPDK 19.11 can't work in a multi PRIMARY mode
@ 2020-07-05 14:49 Yan Fridland
From: Yan Fridland @ 2020-07-05 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi Guys,

I am trying to use the --file-prefix to run several independent PRIMARY processes on the same VM (--proc-type=primary for all the processes).
The problem is that it doesn’t work and I am getting the following error:

"EAL: Cannot create lock on '/var/run/dpdk/rte/config'. Is another primary process running?"

Can anyone assist in resolving this issue ?

Thanks
Yan

* Re: [dpdk-users] DPDK 19.11 can't work in a multi PRIMARY mode
@ 2020-07-05 15:45 ` Cliff Burdick
From: Cliff Burdick @ 2020-07-05 15:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yan Fridland; +Cc: users

Can you paste the whole command you're running? --file-prefix with
unique strings afterward should allow you to do that.

@ 2020-07-05 18:03   ` Yan Fridland
From: Yan Fridland @ 2020-07-05 18:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cliff Burdick; +Cc: users

Hi Cliff,

Sure, here it is:

-l ‘1-3’-n 4 --proc-type=primary --file-prefix=rte_10000 --socket-mem=2000

Thanks,
Yan

@ 2020-07-06 13:52   ` Yan Fridland
From: Yan Fridland @ 2020-07-06 13:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cliff Burdick; +Cc: users

I’ve noticed that the string “--in-memory” is mandatory in this mode. However, it was not mentioned in the documentation in the website and the description was a bit not clear:
“Do not create any shared data structures and run entirely in memory.”

I must say that in EAL help its much clearer: “Operate entirely in memory. This will disable secondary process support”

Thanks,
Yan