* [dpdk-users] DPDK on Arm32
@ 2020-03-04 23:43 Dominic, Diane May
From: Dominic, Diane May @ 2020-03-04 23:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Greetings,

I'm not sure if this is the correct platform to ask on the usage of DPDK but I'd like to know if it is possible to cross compile DPDK for 32-bit architecture for ARM CPU? I've come across cross compilation for ARM64 and I was wondering if we can do the same for the 32-bit architecture.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.

Regards,
Diane

* Re: [dpdk-users] DPDK on Arm32
@ 2020-03-05 18:53 ` Stephen Hemminger
From: Stephen Hemminger @ 2020-03-05 18:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dominic, Diane May; +Cc: users

On Wed, 4 Mar 2020 23:43:44 +0000
"Dominic, Diane May" <diane.may.dominic@intel.com> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I'm not sure if this is the correct platform to ask on the usage of DPDK but I'd like to know if it is possible to cross compile DPDK for 32-bit architecture for ARM CPU? I've come across cross compilation for ARM64 and I was wondering if we can do the same for the 32-bit architecture.
>
> Looking forward to your reply.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Regards,
> Diane

Should be fine, as long as you get your tool chain correct.

* Re: [dpdk-users] DPDK on Arm32
@ 2020-03-06  2:34   ` Dominic, Diane May
From: Dominic, Diane May @ 2020-03-06  2:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Hemminger; +Cc: users

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I realised that my armv7a board is running on Angstrom and DPDK doesn't support that distributions of Linux so I reckon it'll be redundant to do so.

Regards,
Diane