From: "Pattan, Reshma" <reshma.pattan@intel.com>
To: 廖書華 <sim860927@gmail.com>
Cc: Stephen Hemminger <stephen@networkplumber.org>,
	"users@dpdk.org" <users@dpdk.org>, 林庭安 <lingwanjae@gmail.com>
Subject: RE: Troubles using pdump to capture the packets
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2021 10:33:42 +0000

From: 廖書華 <sim860927@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, October 15, 2021 5:16 AM
To: Pattan, Reshma <reshma.pattan@intel.com>
Cc: Stephen Hemminger <stephen@networkplumber.org>; users@dpdk.org; 林庭安 <lingwanjae@gmail.com>

>>Dear Reshma,

>>Thanks for your kind response ! Unfortunately, it still can't work.

Also, could you please paste me the lbpcap-devel package version on your system.

Thanks,
Reshma

Pattan, Reshma <reshma.pattan@intel.com<mailto:reshma.pattan@intel.com>> 於 2021年10月14日 週四 下午5:52寫道:

Hi,

Few options you can double check
1)Make sure your primary application is calling rte_pdump_init()/ret_pudmp_uninit() to initialize/uninitialize the pdump library.
2)If you are using a shared library build,   double check you are  linking pcap pmd properly in primary build as explained in below link
https://www.mail-archive.com/users@dpdk.org/msg05039.html
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/62795017/dpdk-pdump-failed-to-hotplug-add-device
3)If you are passing any pci device using  eal "-w" option to primary,  try to pass the same device to secondary also using "-w" option .

If you still see the issue please paste the full primary and secondary application run log with command that you are running.
Also what kind of build you are using.

Thanks,
Reshma