From: "Pattan, Reshma" <reshma.pattan@intel.com>
To: 廖書華 <sim860927@gmail.com>, "users@dpdk.org" <users@dpdk.org>
Cc: 林庭安 <lingwanjae@gmail.com>
Subject: RE: Pdump Didn't capture the packet
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2021 08:57:44 +0000

From: 廖書華 <sim860927@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, November 15, 2021 5:39 AM
To: users@dpdk.org
Cc: 林庭安 <lingwanjae@gmail.com>
Subject: Pdump Didn't capture the packet

Dear all,

Currently, I want to use pdump to capture our DPDK application, however for the pdump side, unfortunately, didn't capture any packet, also pdump didn't print any error. While for our application, it also didn't print any log related to pdump.
- Here's the log of pdump
[oran@localhost pdump]$ sudo ./dpdk-pdump --file-prefix wls_1 -- --pdump 'port=0,queue=*,tx-dev=/home/oran/Music/tx.pcap,rx-dev=/home/oran/Music/rx.pcap'

<snip>

Primary process is no longer active, exiting...

[Reshma]: From this log it is clear that, primary application is not running.  Rerun the primary application and in other terminal run the pdump application.

Best Regards,
Shu-hua, Liao