* [dpdk-users] net/mlx5 statistics related
@ 2019-07-28  9:12 benli ye
From: benli ye @ 2019-07-28  9:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users; +Cc: Ori Kam, Dekel Peled, Yongseok Koh, Slava Ovsiienko, Shahaf Shuler

Dear Mellanox experts,

I am running DPDK 18.11.0 performance test with mlx5 PMD driver on device ConnectX®-4 Lx EN <http://www.mellanox.com/page/firmware_table_ConnectX4LxEN>. Our own DPDK app (a Load Balance app) is used and UDP 64 bytes is generated by tester.
We found that when we generated about 2.6Mpps UDP traffic for 1 core and 2 port setting testbed, our app starts to drops packets. However, the strange issue is we cannot see any imissed or error statistics from DPDK layer.
I saw the Mellanox test performance result in https://fast.dpdk.org/doc/perf/DPDK_18_11_Mellanox_NIC_performance_report.pdf <https://fast.dpdk.org/doc/perf/DPDK_18_11_Mellanox_NIC_performance_report.pdf> and how do you find packet lose? Is there a bug in statistic calculation in DPDK or there is another way to trace packet drop?
Retrieve DPDK statistics is also used for Intel NIC and the behavior is right. it should not be wrong for our usage in our own app.

Any suggestions would be welcomed. Thanks very much!

Bests,
Daniel Benli Ye

* Re: [dpdk-users] net/mlx5 statistics related
@ 2019-08-02 21:53 ` Yongseok Koh
From: Yongseok Koh @ 2019-08-02 21:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: benli ye; +Cc: users, Ori Kam, Dekel Peled, Slava Ovsiienko, Shahaf Shuler

Hi,

Can you try the following patch, which had been added after 18.11.0
I'll try to push it for 18.11.3.

http://git.dpdk.org/dpdk/commit/?id=ce9494d76c478345679abbda2a5606646de9886f

Thanks,
Yongseok

@ 2019-08-05  2:30   ` benli ye
From: benli ye @ 2019-08-05  2:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yongseok Koh; +Cc: users, Ori Kam, Dekel Peled, Slava Ovsiienko, Shahaf Shuler

Hi Yongseok,

Thanks for replying. I will have a try.

Thanks,
Daniel Benli Ye

> On Aug 3, 2019, at 5:53 AM, Yongseok Koh <yskoh@mellanox.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Can you try the following patch, which had been added after 18.11.0
> I'll try to push it for 18.11.3.
>
> http://git.dpdk.org/dpdk/commit/?id=ce9494d76c478345679abbda2a5606646de9886f
>

> Thanks,
> Yongseok
>
>> On Jul 28, 2019, at 2:12 AM, benli ye <danielbenliye@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Dear Mellanox experts,
>>
>> I am running DPDK 18.11.0 performance test with mlx5 PMD driver on device ConnectX®-4 Lx EN. Our own DPDK app (a Load Balance app) is used and UDP 64 bytes is generated by tester.
>> We found that when we generated about 2.6Mpps UDP traffic for 1 core and 2 port setting testbed, our app starts to drops packets. However, the strange issue is we cannot see any imissed or error statistics from DPDK layer.
>> I saw the Mellanox test performance result in https://fast.dpdk.org/doc/perf/DPDK_18_11_Mellanox_NIC_performance_report.pdf and how do you find packet lose? Is there a bug in statistic calculation in DPDK or there is another way to trace packet drop?
>> Retrieve DPDK statistics is also used for Intel NIC and the behavior is right. it should not be wrong for our usage in our own app.
>>
>> Any suggestions would be welcomed. Thanks very much!
>>

>> Bests,
>> Daniel Benli Ye

* [dpdk-users] Fwd: net/mlx5 statistics related
@ 2019-10-24  3:05     ` benli ye
From: benli ye @ 2019-10-24  3:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guyifan; +Cc: users

Hi Yifan,