In a normal c program, I saw that the segmentation fault in 1 loosely coupled thread doesn't necessarily affect other threads or the main program. There, I can check all the threads by process ID of it in every certain period of time and if some unexepected segmentation fault occurs or got killed I can re run the thread and it works fine. I can later monitor the logs and inspect the situation. But I saw that, segmentation fault or other unexpected error in remotely launched (using DPDK) functions on different core affects the whole dpdk process and whole dpdk program crashes.. why is that? Is there any alternative way to handle this scenario ? How can I take measures for unexpected future error occurance where I should auto rerun dpdk remote processes in live system?