* [dpdk-users] Primary/Secondary Base Addresses
@ 2019-06-14 15:46 Cliff Burdick
From: Cliff Burdick @ 2019-06-14 15:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Is there some recent wisdom as to how to handle the base-virtaddr parameter
for modern kernels/DPDK? I see some comments here:

https://mails.dpdk.org/archives/users/2017-August/002335.html

About how that parameter can only be used with ASLR off. This thread seems
to confirm that you can just keep restarting with a value that works:

https://mails.dpdk.org/archives/users/2017-June/002049.html

It would be nice to avoid that if possible. This patch also says the
secondary process value shouldn't be used:

https://patches.dpdk.org/patch/41232/

My question is, if I can turn ASLR off, are there guidelines I should
follow on how to set that value reliably on the primary? Do the secondaries
really not need it?