DPDK usage discussions
 help / color / Atom feed
* [dpdk-users] pktgen range stop/start all
@ 2019-06-11 18:08 Sara Gittlin
  2019-06-11 18:28 ` Wiles, Keith
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Sara Gittlin @ 2019-06-11 18:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi
i've enabled the pktgen range feature.  and i see that whenever i stop all
and start all a different / additional sessions  are transmitted .
my range are src/dst IP  and src/dst/Ports. whenever i stop all and start
all  a   different/additional sessions 5 tuples sessions are transmitted .
(dst/src IP , dst/src P:orts and IP type)
is this a normal behaviour ?   for my purposes  it is very good behaviour

Regards
-Sara

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: [dpdk-users] pktgen range stop/start all
  2019-06-11 18:08 [dpdk-users] pktgen range stop/start all Sara Gittlin
@ 2019-06-11 18:28 ` Wiles, Keith
  2019-06-11 18:59   ` Sara Gittlin
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Wiles, Keith @ 2019-06-11 18:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sara Gittlin; +Cc: users

The 5 tuples should stay within the range you had defined, if not then that is a bug.

> On Jun 11, 2019, at 1:08 PM, Sara Gittlin <sara.gittlin@gmail.com> wrote:
> 
> Hi
> i've enabled the pktgen range feature.  and i see that whenever i stop all
> and start all a different / additional sessions  are transmitted .
> my range are src/dst IP  and src/dst/Ports. whenever i stop all and start
> all  a   different/additional sessions 5 tuples sessions are transmitted .
> (dst/src IP , dst/src P:orts and IP type)
> is this a normal behaviour ?   for my purposes  it is very good behaviour
> 
> Regards
> -Sara

Regards,
Keith


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: [dpdk-users] pktgen range stop/start all
  2019-06-11 18:28 ` Wiles, Keith
@ 2019-06-11 18:59   ` Sara Gittlin
  2019-06-11 19:26     ` Wiles, Keith
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Sara Gittlin @ 2019-06-11 18:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wiles, Keith; +Cc: users

Keith
the 5 tuples are always within the range. but when i stop/start i see
added/different 5 tuples sessions that were not seen before.   but all are
within the range
Thank you
-Sara

On Tue, Jun 11, 2019 at 9:28 PM Wiles, Keith <keith.wiles@intel.com> wrote:

> The 5 tuples should stay within the range you had defined, if not then
> that is a bug.
>
> > On Jun 11, 2019, at 1:08 PM, Sara Gittlin <sara.gittlin@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> > i've enabled the pktgen range feature.  and i see that whenever i stop
> all
> > and start all a different / additional sessions  are transmitted .
> > my range are src/dst IP  and src/dst/Ports. whenever i stop all and start
> > all  a   different/additional sessions 5 tuples sessions are transmitted
> .
> > (dst/src IP , dst/src P:orts and IP type)
> > is this a normal behaviour ?   for my purposes  it is very good behaviour
> >
> > Regards
> > -Sara
>
> Regards,
> Keith
>
>

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: [dpdk-users] pktgen range stop/start all
  2019-06-11 18:59   ` Sara Gittlin
@ 2019-06-11 19:26     ` Wiles, Keith
  2019-06-11 19:34       ` Sara Gittlin
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Wiles, Keith @ 2019-06-11 19:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sara Gittlin; +Cc: users



> On Jun 11, 2019, at 1:59 PM, Sara Gittlin <sara.gittlin@gmail.com> wrote:
> 
> Keith
> the 5 tuples are always within the range. but when i stop/start i see added/different 5 tuples sessions that were not seen before.   but all are within the range

The reason is I did not reset the internal values I used to create the original list of mbufs to the original values and this is why you get a new set of values. :-)
> Thank you
> -Sara
> 
> On Tue, Jun 11, 2019 at 9:28 PM Wiles, Keith <keith.wiles@intel.com> wrote:
> The 5 tuples should stay within the range you had defined, if not then that is a bug.
> 
> > On Jun 11, 2019, at 1:08 PM, Sara Gittlin <sara.gittlin@gmail.com> wrote:
> > 
> > Hi
> > i've enabled the pktgen range feature.  and i see that whenever i stop all
> > and start all a different / additional sessions  are transmitted .
> > my range are src/dst IP  and src/dst/Ports. whenever i stop all and start
> > all  a   different/additional sessions 5 tuples sessions are transmitted .
> > (dst/src IP , dst/src P:orts and IP type)
> > is this a normal behaviour ?   for my purposes  it is very good behaviour
> > 
> > Regards
> > -Sara
> 
> Regards,
> Keith
> 

Regards,
Keith


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: [dpdk-users] pktgen range stop/start all
  2019-06-11 19:26     ` Wiles, Keith
@ 2019-06-11 19:34       ` Sara Gittlin
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 5+ messages in thread
From: Sara Gittlin @ 2019-06-11 19:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wiles, Keith; +Cc: users

Thank you very much Keith  - but this behaviour is very suitable for me
this can be a very good feature..
Regards
-Sara

On Tue, Jun 11, 2019 at 10:26 PM Wiles, Keith <keith.wiles@intel.com> wrote:

>
>
> > On Jun 11, 2019, at 1:59 PM, Sara Gittlin <sara.gittlin@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Keith
> > the 5 tuples are always within the range. but when i stop/start i see
> added/different 5 tuples sessions that were not seen before.   but all are
> within the range
>
> The reason is I did not reset the internal values I used to create the
> original list of mbufs to the original values and this is why you get a new
> set of values. :-)
> > Thank you
> > -Sara
> >
> > On Tue, Jun 11, 2019 at 9:28 PM Wiles, Keith <keith.wiles@intel.com>
> wrote:
> > The 5 tuples should stay within the range you had defined, if not then
> that is a bug.
> >
> > > On Jun 11, 2019, at 1:08 PM, Sara Gittlin <sara.gittlin@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi
> > > i've enabled the pktgen range feature.  and i see that whenever i stop
> all
> > > and start all a different / additional sessions  are transmitted .
> > > my range are src/dst IP  and src/dst/Ports. whenever i stop all and
> start
> > > all  a   different/additional sessions 5 tuples sessions are
> transmitted .
> > > (dst/src IP , dst/src P:orts and IP type)
> > > is this a normal behaviour ?   for my purposes  it is very good
> behaviour
> > >
> > > Regards
> > > -Sara
> >
> > Regards,
> > Keith
> >
>
> Regards,
> Keith
>
>

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

end of thread, back to index

Thread overview: 5+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2019-06-11 18:08 [dpdk-users] pktgen range stop/start all Sara Gittlin
2019-06-11 18:28 ` Wiles, Keith
2019-06-11 18:59   ` Sara Gittlin
2019-06-11 19:26     ` Wiles, Keith
2019-06-11 19:34       ` Sara Gittlin

DPDK usage discussions

Archives are clonable:
	git clone --mirror http://inbox.dpdk.org/users/0 users/git/0.git

	# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
	# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
	public-inbox-init -V2 users users/ http://inbox.dpdk.org/users \
		users@dpdk.org
	public-inbox-index users


Newsgroup available over NNTP:
	nntp://inbox.dpdk.org/inbox.dpdk.users


AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/ public-inbox