* [dpdk-users] manually construct mbuf
@ 2017-03-16  3:28 Mike Shang
From: Mike Shang @ 2017-03-16  3:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Is it possible to construct mbuf manually instead getting one from
mempool ? I've got a situation that needs to handle a relatively small
number of jumbo frames, we keep a mempool of objects of regular size and
wanted to construct mbuf ourselves for jumbo frames as one segment using
rte_malloc. I have searched the dpdk source code a bit but can't find such
use case. Is it doable with dpdk ? Or it's recommended to keep a separate
mempool for objects of larger size ?

Thanks,
Mike