From: Jun Gan <geminijun@gmail.com>
To: Asaf Penso <asafp@mellanox.com>
Cc: "users@dpdk.org" <users@dpdk.org>,
	Technical Support <support@mellanox.com>
Subject: Re: [dpdk-users] Same 5 tuple UDP packets have been delivered to different queues.
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2019 18:56:31 -0700	[thread overview]

Hi Asaf,

Thank you so much for your help!

I tend to think there is something missing in my code, do you have any code
example how to enable RSS?

I did following setup:

eth_conf.rxmode.mq_mode = ETH_MQ_RX_RSS;
eth_conf.rx_adv_conf.rss_conf.rss_hf = ETH_RSS_IP | ETH_RSS_UDP
eth_conf..rx_adv_conf.rss_conf.rss_hf &= dev_info.flow_type_rss_offloads;

I also tried to add a flow rule, and I found mlx5 doesn't support
"rte_eth_dev_rss_hash_conf_get"?

Here is the action, all the UDP packets applied this action:

  struct rte_flow_action_rss action_rss = {
    .types = ETH_RSS_IP | ETH_RSS_UDP,
    .key_len = 40,
    .queue_num = 4,
    .key = rss_key,
    .queue = queue,
  };

And I use spdk reactor to launch multiple threads polling different queue.

Thanks,
Jun Gan

--
Jun Gan