One option is to modify the applications to use DPDK's multi-process support: https://doc.dpdk.org/guides/prog_guide/multi_proc_support.html Essentially you would have one app read from the real port and then write data to a software queue in shared memory. Instead of having the second app read from a port it would read from the queue. If you want to build more elaborate combinations of functions, check out our OpenNetVM research project which focused on high performance NF chaining: http://sdnfv.github.io/onvm/ --- Timothy Wood, Ph. D. he/him/his Associate Professor Department of Computer Science The George Washington University http://www.seas.gwu.edu/~timwood On Thu, Mar 17, 2022 at 5:29 AM Antonio Di Bacco wrote: > I have two DPDK applications that are using virtual functions built on top > of two physical functions that correspond to the two ports of a 25 Gbps > ethernet card. The two physical ports are connected one to the other with > an optic fiber. > Now, I would like to realize the same setup but without using a physical > 25 Gbps card, I wonder if this is possible. > >