* [dpdk-users] L-thread subsystem: rte_eal_remote_launch() does not work
@ 2019-04-16 14:05 ikuzar RABE
From: ikuzar RABE @ 2019-04-16 14:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi all,

I am experimenting lightweigth thread (lthread) over lcore. I use lcores 0,
5 and 6.
I run this example:
https://doc.dpdk.org/api/examples_2performance-thread_2pthread_shim_2main_8c-example.html
and
the result is OK.
The result is Ok => I saw Hello from every lthread / lcore

Now, I want to replace rte_eal_mp_remote_launch(lthread_scheduler, (void
*)NULL, CALL_MASTER); by rte_eal_remote_launch(lthread_scheduler, (void
*)NULL, 5); and rte_eal_remote_launch(lthread_scheduler, (void *)NULL, 6);
But I do not see any Hello from lthread / lcore.
With gdb I enter into lthread_scheduler() but lthread_create(&lt, -1,
initial_lthread, (void *) NULL); seems to be not run. I put a breakpoint
inside initial_lthread() but the execution does not stop on the breakpoint.

My configuration:
- Linux Debian 8
- dpdk v18.05.1
- NUMA node0 CPU(s):     0-11,24-35
- NUMA node1 CPU(s):     12-23,36-47

Would someone know how to run ligthweight threads with
rte_eal_remote_launch( ) ?

Regards,
ikuzar

* Re: [dpdk-users] L-thread subsystem: rte_eal_remote_launch() does not work
@ 2019-04-17 14:12 ` ikuzar RABE
From: ikuzar RABE @ 2019-04-17 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

I found what was wrong.

lthread_create(&lt, -1, initial_lthread, (void *) NULL); is not run because
the number of launched schedulers (the number of times lthread_run( ) is
called) set in function lthread_num_schedulers_set(num_sched) is not
reached.
At first, I set *num_sched *to the number of enabled lcores which is
greater than 2. Now I call lthread_num_schedulers_set(2), I see hello from
2 lcores (lcore 5 and lcore 6) and the corresponding lthreads as expected.

To summarize, if I want to see hello from lcore 5 and lcore 6 and their
corresponding lthreads, using rte_eal_remote_launch(), I must write: