Hi, I am trying to test the usage of the DPDK trace library. I have run into the same issue as recounted here - https://mails.dpdk.org/archives/users/2020-December/005266.html - where I am able to build and run my DPDK application where I have created and registered my custom trace point (verified via rte_trace_dump(stdout) which says my traces are 'enabled' - i see the right trace buffer size, trace file destination etc). The trace point creation and registration are identical to what is mentioned in the program guide using RTE_TRACE_POINT in a header file and registering it in my dpdk application via RTE_TRACE_POINT_REGISTER macro. What I notice are as follows: 1. The program builds and runs as intended. 2. The trace files are generated in the correct destination directory. 3. On using trace=.* ----> I see a huge list of traces on viewing the trace file with babeltrace - but do not see my custom trace point. I also do not see any trace output from my dpdk application if I reuse DPDK library traces ( eg: rte_eal_trace_thread_lcore_ready ) instead of defining my own custom traces. 4. On using trace= i do not see any trace output just used inside my application. I think the above observations suggest that the issue might be in configuring my DPDK application to recognize and create trace output properly. However the rte_trace_dump output suggests that trace is enabled here. What I would like to know is similar to utkarsh's question: Is there anything I am missing in configuring my application to recognize traces? If so can you please point it out? Thanks and Regards, Sanjit Kumar