From: Quanren Xiong <xiongqr@gmail.com>
To: users@dpdk.org
Subject: [dpdk-users] expose kni interface on VM to host
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2021 22:17:05 -0400	[thread overview]

Hi all,

I have successfully installed DPDK on a Linux guest VM, which is launched
by VirtualBox on a Mac host.

After running the kni Example Application on my VM by following DPDK kni
example guide
<https://doc.dpdk.org/guides/sample_app_ug/kernel_nic_interface.html>,  I
am able to assign an IP address to it by doing "ip addr add dev vEth0_0 192
.168.56.103". And the VM has another NIC with IP address 192.168.56.101.
The host has an interface 192.168.56.1.  I can ping .101 from the host, but
NOT .103 from the host.

Any idea how to make pinging the kni interface(.103) work?  Or the kni
interface is different and is meant not to work?

thanks
xiong