From: Gaurav Bansal <zeebee48@gmail.com>
To: Stephen Hemminger <stephen@networkplumber.org>
Cc: users@dpdk.org
Subject: [dpdk-users] packet drops with missing rxdIdx count in vmxnet3
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2019 14:17:26 +0530	[thread overview]

hi all,
Tried to debug this further and found that there is a skip in the rxdIdx
count as seen in the logs below. And 'rxdIdx' index is incremented by the
NIC itself. Any ideas on why the 'rxdIdx' count (say 5 as seen below) may
be missing ? Any suggestions to try to find the root cause of missing rx

PMD: vmxnet3_recv_pkts(): rxd idx: 0 ring idx: 0.
PMD: vmxnet3_recv_pkts(): rxd idx: 1 ring idx: 0.
PMD: vmxnet3_recv_pkts(): rxd idx: 2 ring idx: 0.
PMD: vmxnet3_recv_pkts(): rxd idx: 3 ring idx: 0.
PMD: vmxnet3_recv_pkts(): *rxd idx: 4* ring idx: 0.
PMD: vmxnet3_recv_pkts(): *rxd idx: 6* ring idx: 0.
PMD: vmxnet3_recv_pkts(): rxd idx: 7 ring idx: 0.

thanks,
gaurav