* [dpdk-users] Efficient communication between dpdk process and NON dpdk process
@ 2021-03-20  9:49 Mihai Dogaru
From: Mihai Dogaru @ 2021-03-20  9:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hello everyone!

I am a 4th year computer science student and I'm working on a
project which involves a dpdk process communicating with another
user space non dpdk process.
Non dpdk means it does not use any of the dpdk libraries.
My issue is as it follows:
I do not know what is the most efficient / fastest way
to send data from the dpdk proc to the non dpdk proc
(or the other way around).

In the sample apps, the assumption is made that both
apps are using the dpdk libraries. Which in my case is not true.

I have found on this mailing list a similar question from a couple
of years ago: link
<https://dev.dpdk.narkive.com/m3eYUGCn/dpdk-dev-ipc-message-passing-between-dpdk-application-and-non-dpdk-userspace-application>
Sadly, it is from a long time ago and I could not find the "load_balancer"
app that the author is talking about.

I have also posted a question on stackoverflow.

Are there any "by the book" ways of doing this communication?
I am afraid my synchronization method and whole copy paste
on the shared memory will slow things terribly.

I apologize if I wrongfully used this mailing list and thank you for
reading!

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-03-20  9:50 UTC | newest]