From: arun kumar <arunkumarsit@gmail.com>
To: users@dpdk.org
Subject: [dpdk-users] KNI implementation help needed
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 01:08:25 -0800	[thread overview]

Hi All,

I need to integrate the KNI interface into my DPDK application which can
redirect the packets to Kernel stack.

But the DPDK “setup.py” script already creating one DPDK interface (dpdk0)
for the NIC port. Also the KNI interface creates one more logical interface
for the same NIC port. The creation of 2 logical interfaces for the same
NIC port creates issues in my application when I want to communicate to
external client.

So I want to use only one interface which can be used by DPDK application
and by KNI as well.

So, how to integrate KNI into DPDK applications?

-Arun