Thanks, Thomas for forwarding this to the group. I have one more question. Does DPDK QOS uses any internal threads/timers for the token bucket implementation?. The token buckets can be implemented in different ways. When are the tokens are filled, I see there is tb_period? It looks like the tokens are filled when the HQOS thread is trying to find the next active pipe? Regards, Satish Amara On Thu, Mar 31, 2022 at 3:39 PM Thomas Monjalon wrote: > +Cc QoS scheduler maintainers (see file MAINTAINERS) > > 31/03/2022 18:59, satish amara: > > Hi, > > I am trying to understand the QOS sample scheduler application code. > > Trying to understand what is tc_period in the config. > > 30. QoS Scheduler Sample Application — Data Plane Development Kit 21.05.0 > > documentation (dpdk.org) > > Is > > tc_period same as tb_period > > tb_period Bytes Time period that should elapse since the last credit > update > > in order for the bucket to be awarded tb_credits_per_period worth or > > credits. > > Regards, > > Satish Amara > > > > > > > >