From: Gokul Bargaje <gokulbargaje.182009@nitk.edu.in>
To: dev@dpdk.org, users@dpdk.org
Subject: [dpdk-users] Fwd: How to check the packets dropped by RED in DPDK?
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2020 15:58:43 +0530

Correcting the 'packet drop' mentioned in the previous mail.

Hi All,

I am running the qos_sched sample application to see the RED packet drop. I
am generating the traffic and sending the traffic via qos_sched
application. As a result,
1. The application is showing the packet drop which is so high as shown in
the below figure.
2. How to determine that the packets are dropped by the RED or TAIL drop
method?

Following is the output I am getting from an application on every second.

*_______________________________________________*

*RX port 1: rx: 22954 err: 0  no_mbuf: 0TX port 0: tx: 1088    err:
0-------------+----------------+----------------+                |
 received    |   dropped
   |          0         | QOS+TX |     20476    |     19383      |
I have enabled RED from the configuration file by enabling following flags.

*CONFIG_RTE_SCHED_RED=y*
*CONFIG_RTE_SCHED_COLLECT_STATS=y*

Please do help if you can.

Thank you,