DPDK usage discussions
 help / color / mirror / Atom feed
* [dpdk-users] cannot build l2fwd in dpdk 21.05 on window
@ 2021-03-23  2:01 Phạm Thị Dân
  2021-03-23 16:31 ` Dmitry Kozlyuk
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Phạm Thị Dân @ 2021-03-23  2:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi,

I'm looking for help with my setup.

I successfully built DPDK 21.05 on Windows Server 2019 on VMware Workstation.
But when I build l2fwd, this error occurs:

EAL: Error - exiting with code: 1

Cause: No Ethernet ports - bye


I successfully installed NetUIO driver.

I tried to bind VMXNET3 devices to DPDK NetUIO driver following
instructions in dpdk-kmods-main/windows/netuio/README.

But, in Device Manager, this error occurs:

*"This device cannot start."*

Thanks

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: [dpdk-users] cannot build l2fwd in dpdk 21.05 on window
  2021-03-23  2:01 [dpdk-users] cannot build l2fwd in dpdk 21.05 on window Phạm Thị Dân
@ 2021-03-23 16:31 ` Dmitry Kozlyuk
       [not found]   ` <CAHg5+O9A16R8Uq4eAE7ohM==W=2NG-=3AZMN-OfKdhEi2-1FwA@mail.gmail.com>
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Dmitry Kozlyuk @ 2021-03-23 16:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Phạm Thị Dân; +Cc: users

Hi,

> I'm looking for help with my setup.
> 
> I successfully built DPDK 21.05 on Windows Server 2019 on VMware Workstation.

Which version exactly are you testing (commit hash and/or patches applied)?
Patches enabling vmxnet3 in DPDK and NetUIO are only being merged now.

> But when I build l2fwd, this error occurs:
> 
> EAL: Error - exiting with code: 1
> 
> Cause: No Ethernet ports - bye

Have you set up your system per <https://doc.dpdk.org/guides/windows_gsg>?
Please post full debug logs.


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: [dpdk-users] cannot build l2fwd in dpdk 21.05 on window
       [not found]   ` <CAHg5+O9A16R8Uq4eAE7ohM==W=2NG-=3AZMN-OfKdhEi2-1FwA@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2021-03-23 17:00     ` Phạm Thị Dân
  2021-03-23 17:54       ` Dmitry Kozlyuk
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Phạm Thị Dân @ 2021-03-23 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dmitry Kozlyuk, users

I downloaded
dpdk-main.zip, the version from
https://git.dpdk.org/dpdk/commit/?id=4eefb20faacab6eae03c860c5d622603f7499ff4
(16/03/2021)
dpdk-kmods-main.zip
<https://git.dpdk.org/dpdk-kmods/snapshot/dpdk-kmods-main.zip>, the
latest version from https://git.dpdk.org/dpdk-kmods/commit/ (17/03/2021).

Vào Th 3, 23 thg 3, 2021 vào lúc 23:46 Phạm Thị Dân <lpham3023@gmail.com>
đã viết:

> I downloaded
> dpdk-main.zip, the version from
> https://git.dpdk.org/dpdk/commit/?id=4eefb20faacab6eae03c860c5d622603f7499ff4
> (16/03/2021)
> dpdk-kmods-main.zip
> <https://git.dpdk.org/dpdk-kmods/snapshot/dpdk-kmods-main.zip>, the
> latest version from https://git.dpdk.org/dpdk-kmods/commit/ (17/03/2021).
>
> Vào Th 3, 23 thg 3, 2021 vào lúc 23:31 Dmitry Kozlyuk <
> dmitry.kozliuk@gmail.com> đã viết:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> > I'm looking for help with my setup.
>> >
>> > I successfully built DPDK 21.05 on Windows Server 2019 on VMware
>> Workstation.
>>
>> Which version exactly are you testing (commit hash and/or patches
>> applied)?
>> Patches enabling vmxnet3 in DPDK and NetUIO are only being merged now.
>>
>> > But when I build l2fwd, this error occurs:
>> >
>> > EAL: Error - exiting with code: 1
>> >
>> > Cause: No Ethernet ports - bye
>>
>> Have you set up your system per <https://doc.dpdk.org/guides/windows_gsg
>> >?
>> Please post full debug logs.
>>
>>

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: [dpdk-users] cannot build l2fwd in dpdk 21.05 on window
  2021-03-23 17:00     ` Phạm Thị Dân
@ 2021-03-23 17:54       ` Dmitry Kozlyuk
  2021-03-24 17:46         ` Phạm Thị Dân
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Dmitry Kozlyuk @ 2021-03-23 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Phạm Thị Dân; +Cc: users

2021-03-24 00:00 (UTC+0700), Phạm Thị Dân:
> I downloaded
> dpdk-main.zip, the version from
> https://git.dpdk.org/dpdk/commit/?id=4eefb20faacab6eae03c860c5d622603f7499ff4
> (16/03/2021)

vmxnet3 PMD is not enabled in this commit.
You can enable it with trivial patch:
http://patchwork.dpdk.org/project/dpdk/patch/20210221005552.11739-1-dmitry.kozliuk@gmail.com/

> dpdk-kmods-main.zip
> <https://git.dpdk.org/dpdk-kmods/snapshot/dpdk-kmods-main.zip>, the
> latest version from https://git.dpdk.org/dpdk-kmods/commit/ (17/03/2021).

You didn't give a commit hash, but probably this has vmxnet3.

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: [dpdk-users] cannot build l2fwd in dpdk 21.05 on window
  2021-03-23 17:54       ` Dmitry Kozlyuk
@ 2021-03-24 17:46         ` Phạm Thị Dân
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 5+ messages in thread
From: Phạm Thị Dân @ 2021-03-24 17:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dmitry Kozlyuk; +Cc: users

Vào Th 4, 24 thg 3, 2021 vào lúc 00:54 Dmitry Kozlyuk <
dmitry.kozliuk@gmail.com> đã viết:

> 2021-03-24 00:00 (UTC+0700), Phạm Thị Dân:
> > I downloaded
> > dpdk-main.zip, the version from
> >
> https://git.dpdk.org/dpdk/commit/?id=4eefb20faacab6eae03c860c5d622603f7499ff4
> > (16/03/2021)
>
> vmxnet3 PMD is not enabled in this commit.
> You can enable it with trivial patch:
>
> http://patchwork.dpdk.org/project/dpdk/patch/20210221005552.11739-1-dmitry.kozliuk@gmail.com/
>
> > dpdk-kmods-main.zip
> > <https://git.dpdk.org/dpdk-kmods/snapshot/dpdk-kmods-main.zip>, the
> > latest version from https://git.dpdk.org/dpdk-kmods/commit/
> (17/03/2021).
>
> You didn't give a commit hash, but probably this has vmxnet3.
>

Thanks! I will try it.

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2021-03-24 17:46 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 5+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2021-03-23  2:01 [dpdk-users] cannot build l2fwd in dpdk 21.05 on window Phạm Thị Dân
2021-03-23 16:31 ` Dmitry Kozlyuk
     [not found]   ` <CAHg5+O9A16R8Uq4eAE7ohM==W=2NG-=3AZMN-OfKdhEi2-1FwA@mail.gmail.com>
2021-03-23 17:00     ` Phạm Thị Dân
2021-03-23 17:54       ` Dmitry Kozlyuk
2021-03-24 17:46         ` Phạm Thị Dân

DPDK usage discussions

This inbox may be cloned and mirrored by anyone:

	git clone --mirror http://inbox.dpdk.org/users/0 users/git/0.git

	# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
	# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
	public-inbox-init -V2 users users/ http://inbox.dpdk.org/users \
		users@dpdk.org
	public-inbox-index users

Example config snippet for mirrors.
Newsgroup available over NNTP:
	nntp://inbox.dpdk.org/inbox.dpdk.users


AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/public-inbox.git