* Question about supported GPU supported NICs
@ 2022-04-08  1:30 sakaia
From: sakaia @ 2022-04-08  1:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hello,

 In my understanding, GPUDirect RDMA is supported on Tesla and Quadro/RTX.
 But following code only specifies Tesla.
 Is there any reason to specify in the code?

 List in the code
 https://github.com/DPDK/dpdk/blob/v22.03/drivers/gpu/cuda/cuda.c#L56-L71

 GPUDirect RDMA
  GPUDirect RDMA is available on both Tesla and Quadro GPUs.
 https://docs.nvidia.com/cuda/gpudirect-rdma/index.html

Thanks
Atsushi SAKAI

* Re: Question about supported GPU supported NICs
@ 2022-04-11 13:02 ` David Marchand
From: David Marchand @ 2022-04-11 13:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sakaia; +Cc: users, Elena Agostini, Thomas Monjalon

Hello,

Cc: Elena + Thomas

--
David Marchand

* Re: Question about supported GPU supported NICs
@ 2022-04-11 13:27   ` Elena Agostini
From: Elena Agostini @ 2022-04-11 13:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Marchand, Sakai, Atsushi/酒井 敦
  Cc: users, NBU-Contact-Thomas Monjalon (EXTERNAL)

Hello,

I specified only the GPUs I was able to test.
You can always add your GPU model to the list in DPDK/drivers/gpu/cuda/cuda.c

Let me know if you have any issue

Thanks
EA

________________________________
External email: Use caution opening links or attachments

Cc: Elena + Thomas

--
David Marchand

* Re: Question about supported GPU supported NICs
@ 2022-04-14 11:18     ` Elena Agostini
From: Elena Agostini @ 2022-04-14 11:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Marchand, Sakai, Atsushi/酒井 敦
  Cc: users, NBU-Contact-Thomas Monjalon (EXTERNAL)

Quick update: I tried to capture the majority of new GPUDirect RDMA GPU-compatible devices in a new DPDK patch.
Do you see any relevant GPU missing?
https://github.com/DPDK/dpdk/blob/main/drivers/gpu/cuda/devices.h

--
Thanks