DPDK usage discussions
 help / color / Atom feed
* [dpdk-users] How to receive jumbo packets?
@ 2020-08-05 17:38 David Aldrich
  2020-08-05 18:00 ` Stephen Hemminger
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 3+ messages in thread
From: David Aldrich @ 2020-08-05 17:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi

Our dpdk application uses dpdk-stable-18.11.9. It successfully receives udp
packets <1500 octets, but does not correctly process larger udp packets.

I don't know where to look. Is there a DPDK function that sets or takes the
MTU size for reception?

How would jumbo packets typically be supported on the Rx side?

Best regards
David

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

* Re: [dpdk-users] How to receive jumbo packets?
  2020-08-05 17:38 [dpdk-users] How to receive jumbo packets? David Aldrich
@ 2020-08-05 18:00 ` Stephen Hemminger
  2020-08-06 13:49   ` David Aldrich
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 3+ messages in thread
From: Stephen Hemminger @ 2020-08-05 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Aldrich; +Cc: users

On Wed, 5 Aug 2020 18:38:01 +0100
David Aldrich <david.aldrich.ntml@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
> 
> Our dpdk application uses dpdk-stable-18.11.9. It successfully receives udp
> packets <1500 octets, but does not correctly process larger udp packets.
> 
> I don't know where to look. Is there a DPDK function that sets or takes the
> MTU size for reception?
> 
> How would jumbo packets typically be supported on the Rx side?
> 
> Best regards
> David

Did you configure larger mtu and enable jumbo in the rx_conf?

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

* Re: [dpdk-users] How to receive jumbo packets?
  2020-08-05 18:00 ` Stephen Hemminger
@ 2020-08-06 13:49   ` David Aldrich
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 3+ messages in thread
From: David Aldrich @ 2020-08-06 13:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Hemminger; +Cc: users

Hi Stephen

> Did you configure larger mtu and enable jumbo in the rx_conf?

No, I hadn't done that. Working now. Thanks!

David

On Wed, Aug 5, 2020 at 7:00 PM Stephen Hemminger <stephen@networkplumber.org>
wrote:

> On Wed, 5 Aug 2020 18:38:01 +0100
> David Aldrich <david.aldrich.ntml@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > Our dpdk application uses dpdk-stable-18.11.9. It successfully receives
> udp
> > packets <1500 octets, but does not correctly process larger udp packets.
> >
> > I don't know where to look. Is there a DPDK function that sets or takes
> the
> > MTU size for reception?
> >
> > How would jumbo packets typically be supported on the Rx side?
> >
> > Best regards
> > David
>
> Did you configure larger mtu and enable jumbo in the rx_conf?
>

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

end of thread, back to index

Thread overview: 3+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2020-08-05 17:38 [dpdk-users] How to receive jumbo packets? David Aldrich
2020-08-05 18:00 ` Stephen Hemminger
2020-08-06 13:49   ` David Aldrich

DPDK usage discussions

Archives are clonable:
	git clone --mirror http://inbox.dpdk.org/users/0 users/git/0.git

	# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
	# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
	public-inbox-init -V2 users users/ http://inbox.dpdk.org/users \
		users@dpdk.org
	public-inbox-index users


Newsgroup available over NNTP:
	nntp://inbox.dpdk.org/inbox.dpdk.users


AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/ public-inbox