Hi there, I think the DPDK uses the pthread_ functions to manages its threads. You can see in `rte_eal_init` in `lib/librte_eal/linux/eal.c` that it "spawns" the threads using ``` /* create a thread for each lcore */ ret = pthread_create(&lcore_config[i].thread_id, NULL, eal_thread_loop, NULL); ``` So I think you should be able to use other pthread_ functions without problems from inside the EAL threads. Hope that helps. Regards, Pavel. On Thu, Nov 18, 2021 at 9:24 AM Antonio Di Bacco < antonio.di-bacco@keysight.com> wrote: > I need to emulate the pthread_setspecific and pthread_getspecific for EAL > threads. I don’t find any suitable APIs in the DPDK to access the TLS and > get and set keys. > > > > I launched a number of threads using the rte_eal_remote launch but I don’t > find any API that allows me to access the TLS for those threads. > > > > > > > > >