* [dpdk-users] Questions about huge page memory mappings between primary and secondary process
@ 2020-07-01 10:01 Pavel Vajarov
From: Pavel Vajarov @ 2020-07-01 10:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi there,

I have few questions related to this paragraph from the DPDK documentation
about Multi-process Limitations
```
The multi-process feature requires that the exact same hugepage memory
mappings be present in all applications. This makes secondary process
startup process generally unreliable. Disabling Linux security feature -
Address-Space Layout Randomization (ASLR) may help getting more consistent
mappings, but not necessarily more reliable - if the mappings are wrong,
they will be consistently wrong!
```

I can't understand why the memory mappings are not reliable in case the
ASLR is disabled?
Can somebody point me to documentation which explains more about this?
Also, what is the manifestation when the mappings are wrong: random crashes
and corruptions runtime or something else?

Thanks,
Pavel.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-07-01 10:02 UTC | newest]