From: Gadre Nayan <gadrenayan@gmail.com>
To: users@dpdk.org
Subject: [dpdk-users] Using Realtek NIC with DPDK
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2019 10:55:03 +0530

Hi DPDK Users,

I have the following NIC on my DELL Laptop running Ubuntu OS

07:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd.
RTL8101/2/6E PCI Express Fast/Gigabit Ethernet controller (rev 07)
    LnkSta:    Speed 2.5GT/s, Width x1, TrErr- Train- SlotClk+
DLActive- BWMgmt- ABWMgmt-

I have 1 socket, 2 cores per socket and Hyperthreaded (2 logical cores per Core)

Since DPDK doesn't support Realtek NICs, is there a way around ?

I was also referring to the mailing list and found a similar discussion:
http://mails.dpdk.org/archives/dev/2014-February/001384.html

I couldn't find a sample application which uses the software based
PMDs to be treated as physical NICs.

Thanks
ngadre.

             reply index