* [dpdk-users] Using preallocated mempool in pipeline
@ 2019-10-23  5:52 Gadre Nayan
From: Gadre Nayan @ 2019-10-23  5:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi,

My cli config looks like the following:
App.cli
mempool MEMPOOL0 buffer 16384 pool 32K cache 256 cpu 0

If i wanted to use this MEMPOOL0 in my pipeline I would use the
following config:

pipeline INGRESS port in bsz 32 source mempool MEMPOOL0 file
<file_name> bpp <no of bytes per packet>

I am not clear about the file <file_name> bpp<no of bytes per packet>
options. Please suggest.

I am creating a pipeline which would generate packets instead of using
actual physical ports like LINK RXQ. I can dynamically create a
mempool using

mbuf_pool = rte_pktmbuf_pool_create("MEMPOOL0",
        NUM_MBUFS * nb_ports, MBUF_CACHE_SIZE, 0,
        RTE_MBUF_DEFAULT_BUF_SIZE, rte_socket_id());

However, I would like to create one at configuration time and
associate it with a pipeline.

How can I achieve this using the configuration file options.