* Upgrade DPDK
@ 2023-08-21 10:23 Igor de Paula
From: Igor de Paula @ 2023-08-21 10:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

I was running DPDK version 21.08 and I want to upgrade to 22.11 LTS.
I have two issues that I don't find the documentation of. Both are related
to Jumbo frames.
It seems the MACRO DEV_RX_OFFLOAD_JUMBO_FRAME
has been removed from rte_ethdev.h. I know the names have changed to
RTE_ETH instead of DEV.
Also, the max_rx_pkt_len has been removed from struct rte_rxmode. This
makes sense as there is a comment that it should only be used when the
jumbo frame is enabled.

The issue is that going through the release notes I have not found anything
about depreciation of the MACRO or anything. I looked at the release notes
of:
21.11 22.03 22.07 22.11

Can anyone help with this?

Igor

* RE: Upgrade DPDK
@ 2023-08-21 15:58 ` Bing Zhao
From: Bing Zhao @ 2023-08-21 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Igor de Paula, users

http://doc.dpdk.org/guides/rel_notes/release_21_11.html

See sections 6.2/6.3/6.4

For examples:
·         ethdev: All enums and macros updated to have RTE_ETH prefix and structures updated to have rte_eth prefix. DPDK components updated to use new names.
Regarding the second question.
Please check the commit “ethdev: fix max Rx packet length” for more details.

BR. Bing

External email: Use caution opening links or attachments

Hi,

@ 2023-08-21 16:14   ` Igor de Paula
From: Igor de Paula @ 2023-08-21 16:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bing Zhao; +Cc: users