From: PATRICK KEROULAS <patrick.keroulas@radio-canada.ca>
To: users@dpdk.org
Subject: [dpdk-users] mlx5: dual port capture
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2020 17:04:20 -0400

Hello,

We use 2 physical networks for redundancy. In order to validate that
data on both network is similar, I need to capture traffic on the 2
NIC ports simultaneously, no matter if the result is 2 pcap files.
Since dpdk-pdump seems to work for one single port, I've tried to start
2 pdump processes simultaneously, which leads to a `Cannot reserve
memory` msg for one of these.

I'm not very familiar with how mem pools and queues work. But I feel
like there is a clever way to handle that. Can someone give a hint?

Best regards,

PK

             reply index