From: Mishal Shah <shahmishal1998@gmail.com>
To: users@dpdk.org
Cc: Mehnaz Yunus <mehnaz138@gmail.com>,
	Pavan Vachhani <vachhanihpavan@gmail.com>
Subject: [dpdk-users] pktgen-dpdk: Anomalous behaviour running dpdk applications
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2020 00:54:54 +0530

Hello, community,

We're trying to run l2fwd, l3fwd, l3fwd-power dpdk application using
pktgen-dpdk as the generator. The SUT & the generator are connected using 4
10GbE ports.

The pktgen-dpdk is configured using Lua script to send 64B packets at 100%
line rate on the ports 0 & 2, and ports 1 & 3 are receiving for 2 mins.

We're observing a strange behavior that the sending rate stays around 4
Mpps on average (expected is around 14 Mpps). The rate sometimes starts at
14 Mpps around but falls in after a certain period of time. The behavior is
expected only for 64B, 100% rate, rest all cases (different packet sizes,
rate %) work as expected.

Could anyone guide why this could be happening or if there's any mistake in
the setup which could have been done?

Please do let us know if any other details regarding the setup are required.

Regards,
Mehnaz, Pavan, Mishal

                 reply index