From: Anna A <pacman.n908@gmail.com>
To: users@dpdk.org
Subject: Does Mellanox ConnectX-5 Ex support RSS on ethernet layer headers alone?
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2021 19:29:28 -0700

Hi,

I'm trying to use rte_flow_action_type_rss to distribute packets all of the
same flow type among multiple Rx queues on a single port using Mellanox
ConnectX-5 and DPDK 20.5.
My queries are:
1. Does Mellanox ConnectX-5 Ex support RSS on ethernet layer headers alone
and spread them among multiple queues?
2. Is it even possible to use only L2 layer headers to do RSS if not by
rte_flow by any other API that DPDK provides?
3. Are there any documentations I could use as reference for the same?

Thanks
Anna