* DPDK installation error
@ 2023-03-03  1:28 Roya Taheri
From: Roya Taheri @ 2023-03-03  1:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi, I tried to install DPDK on Bluefield-2 on Cloudlab. The meson build
cannot find all the dependencies and libraries but it runs without errors.
After that ninja command show this error after the execution:
../drivers/regex/cn9k/cn9k_regexdev_compiler.c:12:10: fatal error:
rxp-compiler.h: No such file or directory
   12 | #include <rxp-compiler.h>
      |          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
I updated the version of the meson but nothing changed. Would please help
me with this issue?

* Re: DPDK installation error
@ 2023-03-03  8:08 ` David Marchand
From: David Marchand @ 2023-03-03  8:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Roya Taheri; +Cc: users

Hello,

On Fri, Mar 3, 2023 at 2:29 AM Roya Taheri <rtaheri@nevada.unr.edu> wrote:

> Hi, I tried to install DPDK on Bluefield-2 on Cloudlab. The meson build cannot find all the dependencies and libraries but it runs without errors. After that ninja command show this error after the execution:
> ../drivers/regex/cn9k/cn9k_regexdev_compiler.c:12:10: fatal error: rxp-compiler.h: No such file or directory
>    12 | #include <rxp-compiler.h>
> compilation terminated.
> I updated the version of the meson but nothing changed. Would please help me with this issue?

You are not the first to report this issue but nobody looked into the
exact reason.

You probably don't want to build this driver on Bluefield-2.
So my simple advice is that you should disable this driver:
$ meson configure <build_dir> -Ddisable_drivers=regex/cn9k

--
David Marchand