Thank you, for the information. I have a UDPDK stack (with DPDK at the physical layer) for UDP communication. I am using VFIO module and binded the 10G X550T NIC to the VFIO module. Then I wrote a simple server-client code for UDP communication using the UDPDK APIs with DPDK support, which works fine. Now, I added the epoll_create, epoll_ctl and epoll_wait commands, and it looks like it is not working as expected. Let me go through the l3fwd example and try to understand it better. If I get any questions, I will get back to you. Thank you. Regards, Priya. On Thu, Jan 19, 2023 at 4:14 PM Stephen Hemminger < stephen@networkplumber.org> wrote: > On Thu, 19 Jan 2023 13:43:19 -0600 > Priya Ramanathan wrote: > > > Hello, > > > > We use two NIC cards - 10G X550T (ixgbe) for the DPDK-based application. > > The application uses EPOLL for the UDP communication between the server > and > > the client. > > With the kernel driver, the EPOLL works properly, but when we enable DPDK > > support, we cannot see the communication correctly. > > > > I would like to know whether anyone has tested DPDK with EPOLL on the 10G > > X550T model. > > Also, please suggest which NIC models have been verified using DPDK with > > EPOLL for UDP communication. Thank you. > > > > Regards, > > Priya. > > DPDK does not directly support UDP it is designed for raw packet > applications. > It does not have traditional Linux sockets. > > DPDK does support device interrupt and rte_epoll model. > It requires configuring interrupts and using VFIO. > See the l3fwd power for an example. > -- winners do not do different things.They do things differently