Hi Linhua, First of all, you need to bind an IP address on NIC that DPDK manages. You can look at https://github.com/victordetoni/dpdk-l3fwd-acl this project and copy arp (line 644) and ip stack (line 2024). After that, you can set as next-hop on bgp the ip address that dpdk manages. Maybe it's not clear yet, but dpdk is a framework that allows you to create your own network apps. Search on google bgp projects that supports bgp, quagga etc. On Mon, Apr 4, 2022 at 7:29 AM Linhua Tang wrote: > Hi everyone, > > I'm new to DPDK, I have a question on how to announce VIP through BGP for > my LB based on DPDK. > > The design looks like this: > > - I have multiple hosts (virtual machines or physical machines), every > host advertising the same VIP, 10.0.0.10 for example. > - Each LB host has two NICs, one for DPDK, one for admin purposes. > - LB forward the packets to backend servers based on VIP configuration > > > Normally, I use Bird or Quagga for BGP advertising, but I don't know how > to make BGP work with DPDK applications. Do I need to implement BGP within > the DPDK application? It looks overkilling to me. > > Looking forward to getting advice from you, or pointing me to any > references. > > Thanks very much. > > Best wishes, > James >