Dear, Thank you for the information ! I rerun the primary application with the other terminal running pdump, however it still can't capture the packet. As for the logs you mentioned that is printed after the primary application terminates. Also, for the primary application log, I can make sure it transmits and receives the packet, but pdump still can't capture it. *- For the log of pdump* [oran@localhost pdump]$ sudo ./dpdk-pdump --file-prefix wls_1 -- --pdump 'port=0,queue=*,tx-dev=/home/oran/Music/tx.pcap,rx-dev=/home/oran/Music/rx.pcap' Primary process is no longer active, exiting... Also, do you know whether pdump can capture the virtual function packet or not ? (We bind to vfio-pci) Best Regards, Shu-hua, Liao Pattan, Reshma 於 2021年11月15日 週一 下午4:58寫道: > > > > > *From:* 廖書華 > *Sent:* Monday, November 15, 2021 5:39 AM > *To:* users@dpdk.org > *Cc:* 林庭安 > *Subject:* Pdump Didn't capture the packet > > > > Dear all, > > > > Currently, I want to use pdump to capture our DPDK application, however > for the pdump side, unfortunately, didn't capture any packet, also pdump > didn't print any error. While for our application, it also didn't print any > log related to pdump. > *- Here's the log of pdump* > > [oran@localhost pdump]$ sudo ./dpdk-pdump --file-prefix wls_1 -- --pdump > 'port=0,queue=*,tx-dev=/home/oran/Music/tx.pcap,rx-dev=/home/oran/Music/rx.pcap' > > > > > > > > Primary process is no longer active, exiting... > > > > [Reshma]: From this log it is clear that, primary application is not > running. Rerun the primary application and in other terminal run the pdump > application. > > > > Best Regards, > > Shu-hua, Liao >