* Re: [dpdk-users] Regarding Receiving packets from outer world (internet)
       [not found] <CANrG1jXW_wPypSECZx3NBrg3ARBqfrE583+mBqbZL+K36C8dOw@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2017-01-11 16:10 ` Stephen Hemminger
From: Stephen Hemminger @ 2017-01-11 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sakthivel Subramaniam; +Cc: users

On Wed, 11 Jan 2017 09:25:24 +0530
Sakthivel Subramaniam <sakthivelpvs@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm new to DPDK and want to use dpdk for my project.
> I have basic question about receiving packets using dpdk bound interface
> from internet.
>
> Please provide clarity for following questions.
> 1. How can we receive packets from internet and process the same using DPDK?
> 2. How to assign IP address for the DPDK ethernet interface ?
> 3. Is it possible to receive specific protocol packets (ex:MQTT) without IP
> address using DPDK?
> 4. Is it necessary to add TCP/IP stack to dpdk?

DPDK itself only provides raw access to network, which means there is
no TCP/IP protocol stack. DPDK only deals with layer 2, not IP protocols
directly.

There have been several other projects using
DPDK which provide network protocols such as the TLDK (part of FD.io).

To understand what DPDK does read documentation and look at the examples.

* Re: [dpdk-users] Regarding Receiving packets from outer world (internet)
@ 2017-01-12 12:20   ` Sakthivel Subramaniam
From: Sakthivel Subramaniam @ 2017-01-12 12:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Hemminger; +Cc: users

Hi Stephen,
Thanks for your info.

I need few more information's.
My dpdk system is directly connected to internet.
I want to know about this system only based on IP.

Here I can see an example is creating an interface (Kernel NIC Inteface
sample).
Using this and I can configure IP and I can reach this system from outer
world right.
will this have any performance issues?

--
Thanks & Regards