* [dpdk-users] Calling timers from a library
@ 2020-04-09  6:07 Archit Pandey
From: Archit Pandey @ 2020-04-09  6:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users, Mohit P. Tahiliani, Gokul Bargaje, Tarun Anand, sanjana.krishnam

Hello DPDK users,

I'm building a library for DPDK which utilizes periodically called
functions using the dpdk timer facility. Currently, I'm using the master
core on an application to call timer_manage() and run the scheduled timers.

My doubt is whether its possible to call timer_manage() from inside the
library to run the scheduled timers. This would allow for a much more
streamlined design. An issue which comes to mind is that my library is not
aware of the cores it is being run on, hence I cannot use
rte_eal_remote_launch() for a function that calls rte_timer_manage().

Any help on how I can do this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks and regards,

--
Archit Pandey
Senior Year B.Tech.