Normally, if you're doing "single fiber optics" it basically means you have a single color/frequency in one direction, and another color/frequency, which is slightly offset. e.g. They say blue for send, and purple for recieve, or something like that. It's hard to screw it up, but I've definitely tried :) On Sun, Oct 15, 2023 at 4:21 PM Stephen Hemminger < stephen@networkplumber.org> wrote: > On Sun, 15 Oct 2023 10:30:48 +0330 > Alireza Sadeghpour wrote: > > > Hi, > > > > I am trying to establish a uni-directional Ethernet link where a singular > > fiber is used to transmit data to the receiver in the DPDK environment. > The > > Rx of the transmit side and the Tx of the receive side are not physically > > connected, like in a Data diode scenario. The ethernet controller on both > > sides is intel 82580. > > > > my problem is that when I detach the RX line from one side, both sides' > > links go down. > > > > Could anyone please give me some advice to solve this problem and > establish > > a valid unidirectional ethernet link? > > This is not a DPDK problem. Trying to non-standard configuration like this > requires detailed knowledge of the hardware registers, and likely driver > specific > changes to do that. > > It is possible to bring up device in normal full duplex mode and even setup > the receive queues but ignore them. But that doesn't sound like what you > want. > -- Regards, Dave Seddon +1 415 857 5102