From: Antonio Di Bacco <a.dibacco.ks@gmail.com>
To: Maxime Coquelin <maxime.coquelin@redhat.com>
Cc: David Marchand <david.marchand@redhat.com>, users@dpdk.org
Subject: Re: tap device speed
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2023 19:48:12 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi Maxime,

trying to follow the steps at the link provided:

sage:
======

1. Probe required Kernel modules
# modprobe vdpa
# modprobe vduse
# modprobe virtio-vdpa

2. Build (require vduse kernel headers to be available)
# meson build
# ninja -C build

3. Create a VDUSE device (vduse0) using Vhost PMD with
testpmd (with 4 queue pairs in this example)
# ./build/app/dpdk-testpmd --no-pci
--vdev=net_vhost0,iface=/dev/vduse/vduse0,queues=4 --log-level=*:9  --
-i --txq=4 --rxq=4

4. Attach the VDUSE device to the vDPA bus
# vdpa dev add name vduse0 mgmtdev vduse

I'm stuck at step 4, with an error:

manderwo@fetgem01:~$ sudo vdpa dev add name vduse0 mgmtdev vduse
kernel answers: Invalid argument
manderwo@fetgem01:~$ vdpa mgmtdev show