* [dpdk-users] X710 - DPDK - Random VLANS sub-interfaces not receiving traffic.
@ 2019-09-30 1:44 Laurent Dumont
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Laurent Dumont @ 2019-09-30 1:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
We are seeing a strange issue with X710 NICS and DPDK enabled VMs.
- After a shutdown of the port facing the compute (and the DPDK VM), we
seem to have random vlans that are not seeing traffic through the VF.
- We we're able to run a packet capture in the VM and it's not seeing
- We are not seeing any incoming packets on the TOR either.
- We we're able to temporarily fix the issue by running a "tcpdump" on
the SRIOV interface on the compute - this fixed most of the cases we've
seen but I have one instance where the same action doesn't allow the
traffic to recover.
- We have 9 VLANS on the VM and it always seem to impact just one of the
vlan interface. I have never seen more than 1 fail to receive traffic.
- X710 NIC cards
- DL360 G10
- Red Hat 7.6 running on the hypervisor.
- StarOS (Cisco proprietary-ish OS) - looks like a RHEL derivative.
- Firmware on the 10GB cards : 10.3.5
- RedHat i40e driver : 2.3.2-k
As anyone seen anything similar with DPDK aware VMs? Let me know if you
need any more details.
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, back to index
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2019-09-30 1:44 [dpdk-users] X710 - DPDK - Random VLANS sub-interfaces not receiving traffic Laurent Dumont
DPDK usage discussions
Archives are clonable:
git clone --mirror http://inbox.dpdk.org/users/0 users/git/0.git
# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
public-inbox-init -V2 users users/ http://inbox.dpdk.org/users \
Newsgroup available over NNTP:
AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/ public-inbox