* [dpdk-users] X710 - DPDK - Random VLANS sub-interfaces not receiving traffic.
@ 2019-09-30  1:44 Laurent Dumont
From: Laurent Dumont @ 2019-09-30  1:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi everyone,

We are seeing a strange issue with X710 NICS and DPDK enabled VMs.

   - After a shutdown of the port facing the compute (and the DPDK VM), we
   seem to have random vlans that are not seeing traffic through the VF.
      - We we're able to run a packet capture in the VM and it's not seeing
      any traffic.
      - We are not seeing any incoming packets on the TOR either.
   - We we're able to temporarily fix the issue by running a "tcpdump" on
   the SRIOV interface on the compute - this fixed most of the cases we've
   seen but I have one instance where the same action doesn't allow the
   traffic to recover.
   - We have 9 VLANS on the VM and it always seem to impact just one of the
   vlan interface. I have never seen more than 1 fail to receive traffic.

Hardware/Drivers Overview:

   - X710 NIC cards
   - DL360 G10
   - Red Hat 7.6 running on the hypervisor.
   - StarOS (Cisco proprietary-ish OS) - looks like a RHEL derivative.
   - Firmware on the 10GB cards : 10.3.5
   - RedHat i40e driver : 2.3.2-k

As anyone seen anything similar with DPDK aware VMs? Let me know if you
need any more details.

Thanks!

only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-09-29 21:45 UTC | newest]