From: Asaf Penso <asafp@nvidia.com>
To: Ferruh Yigit <ferruh.yigit@intel.com>,
Cc: "users@dpdk.org" <users@dpdk.org>, dpdk-dev <dev@dpdk.org>,
Subject: Re: [dpdk-users] [DISCUSSION] code snippet documentation
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2021 04:53:31 +0000	[thread overview]

Thank you Ferruh, Ajit, and Thomas for your replies.
I think the more snippets the merrier and we can categorize them for better visibility inside the file and among different files.
Limiting would miss the point of having valid code examples for a variety of cases.
For complex code snippets I fully think that a dedicated test/example app should be written but my intention of the snippets is something simpler.
Reading only documentation is not practical enough and reviewing an example app requires too much effort. Snippet is a great tool in between.
Written DTS test can be an option but I think it is too much overhead if one just wants to show how to use a function or an object, without putting effort for the "administrative" topics around the snippet.