* Pktgen failing to execute with Lua scripts
@ 2022-12-19  4:23 Saniyya Nizar
From: Saniyya Nizar @ 2022-12-19  4:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi Community,

I’m trying to execute pktgen using lua scripts.

The command I’m using is :
 ./usr/local/bin/pktgen -c ffffffff -n 4 —proc-type auto —file-prefix pktgen1 —P -m “29.0” -f test/dump.lua

But after instantiating, I see it displaying this message:
>>> User State for CLI not set for Lua

Is there anything we should be setting before trying to execute Lua scripts? Would highly appreciate some inputs on this.

Thanks
Saniyya

* Re: Pktgen failing to execute with Lua scripts
@ 2023-01-04 22:06 ` Knight, Joshua
From: Knight, Joshua @ 2023-01-04 22:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Saniyya Nizar, users

I believe you’ll see this error if pktgen was not compiled with lua support. Check that pktgen is compiled with lua enabled, in the meson_options.txt file.

https://github.com/pktgen/Pktgen-DPDK/blob/dev/meson_options.txt#L1

In my build notes I have the following, but I’m unsure if this still applies. I have not tried a recent version.

make buildlua

meson build

From: Saniyya Nizar <saniyya.pm@gmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, December 21, 2022 at 5:19 AM
To: users@dpdk.org <users@dpdk.org>
Subject: Pktgen failing to execute with Lua scripts
External Email: This message originated outside of NETSCOUT. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

@ 2022-12-19 14:25 ` Pathak, Pravin
From: Pathak, Pravin @ 2022-12-19 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Saniyya Nizar, users

Rebuild after updating
meson_options.txt with
option('enable_lua', type: 'boolean', value: false, description: 'Enable Lua support')

Pravin

@ 2022-12-19  9:15 Saniyya Nizar
From: Saniyya Nizar @ 2022-12-19  9:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users