* [dpdk-users] DPDK Distributor app issues
@ 2019-06-10 14:40 George Yaneff
From: George Yaneff @ 2019-06-10 14:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

I'm playing with the distributor example application from dpdk 19.05.0 I have three machines connected sequentially with an UTP Ethernet cable. The
  middle is Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS with a eigth core Intel I7 processor and 24 GB ram.  The eth device used is Intel I350 with four ports.
  The strange behavior I'm observing is when I ping the second node from the first node (traffic passing through the distributor)  there are always one or two packets lost.
  When I use
l2fwd or
basicfwd applications there is no packet loss.  Anyone knows if this is normal or if it is not - what I'm doing wrong?
  Another thing I noticed is that the ping replies come to the first node with around one second of delay. (1024ms on most packets)  Again there is no latency with the basicfwd (packets arriving in 0.101 ms there).  Is there any way to minimize this delay in distributor application also?
  George